Thursday 21 April 2011

Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal Last Minute Preview

I haven't been able to give enough time to my blog of late due to several pressing concerns. And I have really sucked at what I have been supposed to do during this time. But nevertheless, I have been on the mend and I've been cleaning up the mess I've created in my blog, and though there's still some way to go while I fuuly clean it up, I hope I am able to give justice to this blog.

Okay, enough of crapping around. It's derby day and we visit the Lilywhites in search for revenge and crucial three points to cut the gap at the top after Man United slipped up at Newcastle in a 0-0 draw yesterday. 

It is half time now and it has already been a pulsating half and we're leading by 3 goals to 2 at the break. Bale has been substituted the second half is on the way. I'm off!

Team line ups:


Tottenham Hotspur: 4-4-2
Manager: Harry Redknapp


Substitutes:  Cudicini, Bassong, Sandro, Kaboul, Pienaar, Lennon, Defoe





Arsenal: 4-2-3-1
Manager: Arsene Wenger 

Substitutes: Lehmann, Gibbs, Squillaci, Ramsey, Wilshere, Arshavin, Bendtner.





Tactics:

Goalkeeping/Defence: Manuel Almunia starts today after injuries to THREE of our goalkeepers. ALthough he has done okay so far against Barcelona and Man United, West Brom will look to target his weakness against high balls today. With Djourou also out injured, the goalie and the defence really need to be on their toes as West Brom will most likely go the aerial route to trouble our defence. We need to be alert from set pieces and corners, and we should mark their midfield tightly to prevent balls behind the defence.

Midfield: Aaron Ramsey makes a first start after coming back from his injury. Hope he is good enough to start and is able to keep the midfield ticking. Denilson starts today in the absence of Song and Diaby and I really hope he puts in a good performance today. Wilshere will be another key presence in the midfield to provide the vital link between midfield and defence.

Attack: Robin van Persie and Nasri have gone quiet in the past few games and I hope they find their goalscoring form today. Arshavin should look to keep up his performance and I look forward to goals and/or assists from the talented Russian.

Final Prediction:

A tight 1-2 win for Arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment