Thursday 11 November 2010

Wish Granted...Signs of a comeback

Finally, I had my wish granted yesterday when Alex Song crossed into the Wolves penalty area and Marouane Chamakh was there to "use his head" and head home. My only grudge was that the goal came so early (after just 40 seconds) that I couldn't load my crappy stream fast enough to see it live. Anyway, a headed goal is a headed goal IS A HEADED GOAL and so I am really happy that at last we were able to use one of Chamakh's best attributes.

Coming to the match, it was indeed great to take the lead so early for once. Too many times we struggle to find the opening goal and that gives the opposing players hope as they wait for us to attack, sit back and defend and hit us on the break from probably the only chance they'll muster in the match. If we can get the opening goal early, it will force all those teams like West Ham and Newcastle United, who just "park the train", to attack and we can get valuable space to exploit.

Fabregas was not in an aesthetic mood yesterday and he showed his physical side of the game. I have no complaints in a match like yesterday but I think he needs to calm down a bit sometimes; he's El Capitan after all.

The other Fab, Lukasz Fabiansky was just fabulous and I hope he continues his good form. He made some outstanding saves last night and he truly deserved the gratitude his teammates showed to him after the match.

Tougher times are coming up with a trip to Everton and welcoming Tottenham at home a week after but I don't think they'll sit back as much as West Ham and Newcastle did. As Arsene Wenger has said, the opening goal will be crucial in these games. Hope our rivals drop points here and there and we can catch up with Chelsea.

That's it for now. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment